Microsoft promises that frequency should not change between reboots
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644905%28VS.85%29.aspx). I choose to use performance counter because timeGetTime has much bigger call cost - but I'm not sure that this really matters in our case. I could also build libnetxms.dll with timeGetTime variant to compare. Interestin also is that on my Windows 7 machine event GetSystemTimeAsFileTime, which was used before, gives 1ms accuracy.
Best regards,
Victor
P.S. New libnetxms.dll included in 1.0.3 build, so if you upgrade agent, you will not need to download libnetxms.dll from here.
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644905%28VS.85%29.aspx). I choose to use performance counter because timeGetTime has much bigger call cost - but I'm not sure that this really matters in our case. I could also build libnetxms.dll with timeGetTime variant to compare. Interestin also is that on my Windows 7 machine event GetSystemTimeAsFileTime, which was used before, gives 1ms accuracy.Best regards,
Victor
P.S. New libnetxms.dll included in 1.0.3 build, so if you upgrade agent, you will not need to download libnetxms.dll from here.