Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Victor Kirhenshtein

#5701
General Support / Re: DataBase Writers
December 19, 2011, 01:39:41 AM
Hi!

It's actually depends on your configuration and underlying database engine performance. Best way is to monitor database writer queue size, and if is greater then 0 most of the time then increase number of database writers.

Best regards,
Victor
#5702
General / Re: About the Language
December 17, 2011, 10:19:49 PM
Also, the following line looks wrong to me:

AcknowledgeAlarm_ErrorMessage=No es posible puedo Cannot aceptar la alarma

Best regards,
Victor
#5703
General / Re: About the Language
December 17, 2011, 10:19:03 PM
Hi!

Thanks for the translation! I have added language switch for Spanish and Chinese languages, and add files you have sent to the project. I also forgot to mention that there are additional files to translate - they are called bundle.properties, and located in <project_root>/OSGI-INF/l10n.
I'll post to this thread as I will prepare more plugins for translation.

Best regards,
Victor
#5704
Also, I suppose that you have to use custom event log name, not a full path to actual .evt file. If I understand correctly, all available logs are listed in registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog. But I never works with custom Windows event logs, so I may be wrong.

Best regards,
Victor
#5705
Hi!

If you give file name in <file> tag, logwatch subagent will threat it as regular text file, which I suppose is not the case. If you need to openWindows event log, you must prepend it's name with asterisk, like <file>*System</file>. And you have missing opening angle bracket in second rule, maybe just a copy/paste error.

Best regards,
Victor
#5706
General / Re: About the Language
December 16, 2011, 02:29:39 PM
Hi!

You have to get current svn repository: https://svn.netxms.org/public/netxms/trunk. Sources of Java console are under src/java/netxms-eclipse. Below that point there are various messages.properties in different plugins, like src\java\netxms-eclipse\core\src\org\netxms\ui\eclipse\console\messages.properties. There should be one message file per plugin, usually located in the root package of a plugin. PLease note that currently only few plugins are prepared for translation.

Best regards,
Victor
#5707
General Support / Re: Message Text
December 16, 2011, 12:21:09 PM
I plan to add additional option to SNMP trap parameter mapping - something like "don't convert to HEX string".

Best regards,
Victor
#5708
General Support / Re: Lots of Wierd Subnets
December 16, 2011, 12:20:13 PM
Hi!

Is it possible to install test server 1.1.7 somewhere and add those access points? Versions 1.0.x and 1.1.x has different configuration polling code, and it will be helpful to know if both versions are affected or only old one.

Best regards,
Victor
#5709
Feature Requests / Re: Java Console - Event Monitor
December 15, 2011, 11:15:57 AM
Added.

Best regards,
Victor
#5710
Feature Requests / Re: Clients with Dynamic IP address
December 15, 2011, 11:00:58 AM
Support for clients with dynamic addresses is partially here - you an replace primary IP address with DNS name, and then server will do name resolution at each poll. Looks like we need additional option to use DNS name instead of IP address for discovered nodes, then this problem will be solved completely. I'll add this to my to-do list.

Best regards,
Victor
#5711
General Support / Re: Message Text
December 15, 2011, 10:58:25 AM
Hi!

NetXMS converts string to hex string if it sees non-printable characters in it. It is not configurable now - I'll add an option to override this behavior in next release.

Best regards,
Victor
#5712
General Support / Re: Lots of Wierd Subnets
December 15, 2011, 10:54:15 AM
Hello!

Looks like these devices responds strangely to NetXMS server's requests. Could you please provide me with following information:

1. What is NetXMS server version?
2. What driver is selected for those devices (you can see it on object overview page) - relevant only for version 1.1.x
3. Result of nxsnmpwalk for the following OIDS:

.1.3.6.1.2.1.1
.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1
.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1
.1.3.6.1.2.1.4.20.1

Best regards,
Victor
#5713
Announcements / Re: NetXMS 1.1.7 released
December 13, 2011, 04:40:47 PM
I'll do my best to make a release in the end of December, but it's not 100% guaranteed.

Best regards,
Victor
#5714
General / Re: topology map in java console
December 13, 2011, 04:39:09 PM
Currently there no such view in Java console. I'll add it to my to-do list.

Best regards,
Victor
#5715
General / Re: About the Language
December 13, 2011, 04:37:53 PM
Hi!

I start preparing Java console for translating to different languages. Actual translation is done by creating appropriate language files. You can try to locate existing messages.properties in projects (currently projects library, core, and alarm browser are prepared for translation), and create files messages_zh_CN.properties with Chinese translation. Then I will add appropriate language switch and include these translated files into main source tree.

Best regards,
Victor