News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Victor Kirhenshtein

#5596
Hi!

You mean high availability for NetXMS server itslef? You can check this topic: https://www.netxms.org/forum/configuration/netxms-in-a-cluster-mode/ for one possible approach to run NetXMS server in active-standby cluster.

Best regards,
Victor
#5597
Hi!

Yes, there are no command line tools for accessing SNMP devices via proxy. This functionality is intended for server to remote device communications. I never though that somebody will want to do this from command line :) It is possible to modify nxsnmpget/nxsnmpwalk tools to work via proxy agent. I'll add it to the list of feature requests, but I cannot promise exact version when it will be implemented.

Best regards,
Victor
#5598
Hi!

Yes, it's actually a bug. There should be retention time for alarms. I'll add it to bug list.
Currently, you can safely delete terminated alarms while NetXMS server is running. You can do it like this:

DELETE FROM alarms WHERE alarm_state=2 AND last_change_time<(timestamp here)

We use UNIX timestamp (seconds since 01.01.1970 00:00:00 UTC).

Best regards,
Victor
#5599
Hi all!

Attached are SNMP trap mappings for Dell and HP servers and APC devices, as well as data collection templates for Dell and HP servers.

Best regards,
Victor
#5600
A, nu da. Simvol \ - eto escape, nado stavit' dva:

c:\\windows\\system32\\notepad.exe


#5601
Hi!

I take a look at it, but didn't find problem so far. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it in my test environment. I'll return to this problem next week, after web interface.

Best regards,
Victor
#5602
General Support / Re: NetXMS OS Platform
January 29, 2012, 11:52:16 PM
Hi!

I use Debian for production installation in a company I'm working for. It was chosen mainly because I personally like Debian and Ubuntu distros and has good experience working with them. PostgreSQL is used as a backend database.

Best regards,
Victor
#5603
General Support / Re: exporting
January 26, 2012, 10:46:30 AM
Yes, leaving default data and data you need should be ok.

Best regards,
Victor
#5604
General Support / Re: exporting
January 26, 2012, 10:29:26 AM
Everything is deleted, so you cannot import some data into existing database using nxdbmgr. Only full database import.

Best regards,
Victor
#5605
General Support / Re: exporting
January 26, 2012, 10:00:07 AM
Hi!

No, if you delete metadata nxdbmgr will not be able to handle import file. Please also note that during import target database is cleared before import.

Best regards,
Victor
#5606
Quote from: dimansound on January 26, 2012, 07:21:10 AM
Вот так:
c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe

A server zapuschen kak prilozenie ili kak servis? Esli kak servis, to on ne mozet normal'no zapuskat' UI prilozenija esli ne stoit opcija "interact with desktop". Vozmozno v etom prichina.
#5607
General Support / Re: can't install netxms for sqlite
January 25, 2012, 06:18:17 PM
How do you configure NetXMS source package? It should be something like this:

./configure --with-server --with-sqlite

Best regards,
Victor
#5608
General Support / Re: exporting
January 25, 2012, 05:47:10 PM
Hi!

For successful import, you should keep tables, but just delete all content. Otherwise import will fail. You can delete all idata_* tables. You should do import using same version of NetXMS as you use for export.

Best regards,
Victor
#5609
Nado smotret' logi servera. Esli bili oshibki, to tam dolzna bit' zapis'. A kak vigljadit komanda, propisannaja v action?
#5610
General Support / Re: Error upgrading to 1.1.9
January 24, 2012, 11:52:17 AM
Hi!

Release 1.1.10 planned to be somewhere next week, which will include all these fixes. In the meantime you can just install 1.1.9, replace nxdbmgr.exe, and run database upgrade manually. It will not affect server operation in any way, because this bug is only within database upgrade tool.

Best regards,
Victor