Hi!
/proc/diskstats has the following fields (numbering started after device name):
Field 1 — # of reads issued
Field 2 — # of reads merged
Field 3 — # of sectors read
Field 4 — # of milliseconds spent reading
Field 5 — # of writes completed
Field 6 — # of writes merged
Field 7 — # of sectors written
Field 8 — # of milliseconds spent writing
Field 9 — # of I/Os currently in progress
Field 10 — # of milliseconds spent doing I/Os
Field 11 — weighted # of milliseconds spent doing I/Os
NetXMS agent gets field #9 (# of I/Os currently in progress) to calculate average disk queue size. And "disk queue" means "number of disk I/O requests that are either in service or waiting for service". In iostat, it's a parameter called avgqu-sz (shown if running with -x command line option). On my NetXMS server it looks like this:
Best regards,
Victor
/proc/diskstats has the following fields (numbering started after device name):
Field 1 — # of reads issued
Field 2 — # of reads merged
Field 3 — # of sectors read
Field 4 — # of milliseconds spent reading
Field 5 — # of writes completed
Field 6 — # of writes merged
Field 7 — # of sectors written
Field 8 — # of milliseconds spent writing
Field 9 — # of I/Os currently in progress
Field 10 — # of milliseconds spent doing I/Os
Field 11 — weighted # of milliseconds spent doing I/Os
NetXMS agent gets field #9 (# of I/Os currently in progress) to calculate average disk queue size. And "disk queue" means "number of disk I/O requests that are either in service or waiting for service". In iostat, it's a parameter called avgqu-sz (shown if running with -x command line option). On my NetXMS server it looks like this:
Code Select
root@netxms:~# iostat -x 1
Linux 2.6.32-5-686 (netxms) 03/24/2012 _i686_ (2 CPU)
avg-cpu: %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle
8.26 0.00 2.39 3.24 0.00 86.11
Device: rrqm/s wrqm/s r/s w/s rsec/s wsec/s avgrq-sz avgqu-sz await svctm %util
cciss/c0d0 0.02 39.01 3.07 26.43 265.29 523.52 26.74 0.17 5.64 3.27 9.66
avg-cpu: %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle
0.50 0.00 1.50 2.00 0.00 96.00
Device: rrqm/s wrqm/s r/s w/s rsec/s wsec/s avgrq-sz avgqu-sz await svctm %util
cciss/c0d0 0.00 13.00 0.00 13.00 0.00 208.00 16.00 0.05 4.00 4.00 5.20
avg-cpu: %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle
3.45 0.00 1.48 0.49 0.00 94.58
Device: rrqm/s wrqm/s r/s w/s rsec/s wsec/s avgrq-sz avgqu-sz await svctm %util
cciss/c0d0 0.00 8.00 0.00 3.00 0.00 88.00 29.33 0.02 6.67 4.00 1.20
^C
root@netxms:~# nxget 127.0.0.1 "System.IO.DiskQueue(cciss/c0d0)"
0.033333
root@netxms:~#
Best regards,
Victor