Alarms doesn't appears in Alarm Viewer

Started by Infobyte, September 17, 2013, 04:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infobyte

Hi!

I have problems with alarms that after a while no longer appears in the Alarm Viewer Version 1.2.8.
It works great when I start the program but after a few hours, it's like it loses the connection and when new alarms appears in the NetXMS Console they are not visible in the Alarm Viewer.
If I restart the program it works a few hours but then it loses the connection again.
I've tried to use a network cable to the computer in case it would depend on the wifi connection but it doesn't address the problem.

Specifications on the computer:
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit
Intel Core Duo 1.86 GHz
1GB of RAM
The latest Windows updates installed

Do you know how we could solve this?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Actually, we didn't test alarm viewer app since 1.0.x versions. It is there only for historical reasons. I'll try to check what's happening, but not sure if I will be able to fix it. Did you think to switch to Java or web console for alarm display (if I understand correctly you have some kind of on-wall screen)?

Best regards,
Victor

Infobyte

Yes I use alarm viewer on a on-wall screen. Have not tried Java or web console, where can I find them?

Regards,
Mattias

Infobyte

Were you able to fix it? and where can i find the web console?

Regards,
Mattias

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Java and web console available on download page on web site. There are versions for different platforms, all called nxmc-something. For example, version for Windows 32-bit is nxmc-1.2.8-win32-x86.zip. Web console available as war file, which you can deploy on almost any application server (we tested it on Tomcat, Jetty, and Oracle WebLogic). You can also use Windows installer for web UI, it will install small footprint application server and deploy war file.

Best regards,
Victor