web console - object tool creation timeout

Started by mjcig, November 06, 2013, 09:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcig

As in previous posts I am still learning the product but have stumbled on an issue and trying to understand the root cause of the error.

My installation is on Centos 5.8, NetXMS 1.2.9 compiled from source and running a jetty 7.6.9 instance from a compiled rpm.

Using the web console and connecting through chrome; logging in, actioning alarms and various other activities are fine. But when I attempt to create a new object tool or edit a tool, a window is presented to "run in background". Clicking run in background sits for some time and will eventually timeout.

Reviewing the jetty logs I see the following

2013-11-06 12:33:20.514:INFO:oejs.AbstractConnector:Started [email protected]:9090
Exception in thread "Thread-53" java.lang.IllegalStateException: No context available outside of the request processing.
        at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.service.ContextProvider.getContext(ContextProvider.java:95)
        at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.service.ContextProvider.getUISession(ContextProvider.java:183)
        at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.SingletonUtil.getSessionInstance(SingletonUtil.java:54)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.getInstance(Workbench.java:652)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:94)
        at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.jobs.ConsoleJob.<init>(ConsoleJob.java:65)
        at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.objecttools.views.ObjectToolsEditor$9.<init>(ObjectToolsEditor.java:300)
        at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.objecttools.views.ObjectToolsEditor.refreshToolList(ObjectToolsEditor.java:300)
        at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.objecttools.views.ObjectToolsEditor.notificationHandler(ObjectToolsEditor.java:446)
        at org.netxms.client.NXCSession.sendNotification(NXCSession.java:1125)
        at org.netxms.client.NXCSession$ReceiverThread.processNotificationMessage(NXCSession.java:697)
        at org.netxms.client.NXCSession$ReceiverThread.run(NXCSession.java:564)

Any thoughts or suggestions on what I should look at and review to help resolve the issue. Plus once this event occurs, I lose connectivity to the server and need to restart my web session.

Lastly, is there a good reference to configure a tool (object tool) which can be called from a pop-up menu in the alarm browser?