Zones / Proxy Nodes / L3 Maps

Started by akarpas, August 20, 2021, 08:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarpas

Hello, I'm new to NetXMS but it has attracted me and decided to set up it to monitor our and our client's network devices like switches and routers. First I did container structure for our default network and some clients networks. I had a problem with overlapping subnets, so had to create zones for each client site. Everything looks ok and looks nice but the problem is that now I'm not able to get the full L3 MAP it's not populating. Routers are monitored via WAN while switches are monitored via GRE + IPSec tunnels. I have connectivity to all monitored devices and I see a warning on any change, but I just can't get MAPs working. Any advice on how to fix it, I saw something about proxy nodes but didn't get to the end of how it works, any advice is appreciated a lot.

Victor Kirhenshtein

So you need L3 map covering multiple zones?
Are you using proxy nodes for each zone, or server communicates directly with devices using unique addresses, and it is some other subnets deeper in client networks that are duplicate?

Best regards,
Victor

akarpas

Its main server (nextxms) communicating devices not via proxy but directly via VPN or WAN, as I had overlaps of LANs I had to implement zones now I cant get L3 maps